Resources For Groups
Shared Strengths - Increasing understanding of self harm as a coping strategy
The Shared Strenghths project has now come to an end. Shared Strengths was an informal network of people who recognise that some adults use self harm as a means of coping.
The network was led by people who use self harm as a coping strategy: workers and groups led by families and friends are welcome to take part too.
The aim is to share information, exchange ideas and contacts, and to give each other encouragement and support for the work we each do.
Shared Strengths - What we did
- brought together resources and information about self harm as a coping strategy.
- work together to develop resources that can help people and groups.
- people got involved in the group discussions through email and the website instead of coming to the meetings.
- found ways to raise awareness about adults’ use of self harm as a way of coping.
- we tried to influence other organisations’ policies and practice.
- we reminded people and groups who have an interest in raising understanding about self harm as a way of coping that there are other people who work and think in this way.
- we encouraged the development of more direct support for people who use self harm as a coping strategy, including peer support groups.
Outside the Box was the host for Shared Strengths. We are an independent voluntary organisation based in Scotland. We help people who are marginalised have a voice and influence or create the supports they need for the longer-term.
There are further resources available at the bottom of this page.
Shared Strengths - Starting the conversation and opening up the possiblities: report from May 2013 event
Shared Strengths - Where We Go Next
Response to the Scottish Government’s Engagement Paper on the Prevention of Suicide and Self Harm
Summary of the Scottish Government Engagement Paper February 2013
Shared Strengths Information flyer
Shared Strengths Policy and Practice Paper
Notes from May meeting
Notes from March meetings and updates
Notes from meetings in January
15th November meeting notes
October 14th meeting notes
Notice for meeting on 15th November
Notice for meeting on 14th October
25th August: Note of Meeting
Notes on Royal College of Psychiatrists Leaflet
Royal College of Psychiatrists Leaflet
National Parenting Strategy : Contribution from Shared Strengths
Views on response to distress
- This is a resource page which developed from our report on adults’ experiences of self... Self Harm Resources
Tel: 0141 419 0451