Participation by people who use Mental Health services in Angus
We provide training for members of community groups and for people who work as paid or volunteer workers.
• The training builds on the expenses of people living and working in these circumstances as well as on the strategies and good practice.
• We design the training around what you need.
• We go at the pace that is right for you and take account of the time that you have available.
• We make the structured training part of the whole learning for people – so link it in to the others ways people.
• We make the training participative and where possible give people opportunities to develop skills – for example by being co-facilitators or giving presentations as part of the training.
• We develop written materials that you can distribute as handouts or electronically. This is to enable more people to be part of the learning - people at the training have a resource to refer to later and colleagues can use them too.
• If some of the people taking part need some extra support for themselves, we will discuss with you how we can build this in to the plan for the training.